You don’t suddenly start aging when you get your first wrinkle. Instead, aging is a process that begins long before its visible signs appear. This means that, if you wait until you’re middle-aged to start anti-aging treatments, you’re already decades behind. The best way to treat indications of aging is to prevent them.
This is where prejuvenation comes in. By beginning anti-aging treatments when the aging process actually starts, you can stay ahead of it and maintain a youthful, vigorous appearance as your peers wonder why you look so good.
At the Advanced Dermatology and Laser Institute of Seattle, Dr. Steven Greene is one of his field’s most respected practitioners. Read on to learn about the aging process and the range of treatments Dr. Greene offers to keep you looking young.
How Aging Affects Your Skin
The aging process begins in your mid-20s, and it can affect your skin in numerous ways that lead to the formation of wrinkles. As you age, your body produces about 1 percent less collagen per year. Collagen is the protein that gives your skin its elasticity and firmness. As its production declines, your skin loses volume and becomes wrinkled.
You also develop wrinkles through everyday actions such as chewing, laughing, frowning, squinting, and furrowing your brow. These daily repetitive actions, over a long period of time, will cause wrinkles to form in the areas where they occur.
Furthermore, exposure to the sun over the course of your life can damage your skin and give it an uneven texture or pigmentation.
What Prejuvenation Treatments Can Help Me?
Dr. Greene offers treatments to help slow down the visible signs of aging, no matter their cause:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: This injectable wrinkle relaxer will help eliminate the wrinkles that are caused by repeated motions such as chewing, laughing, frowning, squinting, and furrowing your brow. By relaxing the muscles that govern these movements, BOTOX® Cosmetic allows those wrinkles to dissipate – and it can help prevent them from forming in the first place.
- Fillers: We have numerous filler options, including Sculptra®, Juvederm®, Voluma®, Restylane®, and Belotero®. These can help fill in wrinkles and add facial volume that is lost from the age-related decline in collagen production. They can also stimulate collagen production in your skin to offset what you begin to lose in your 20s. Furthermore, fillers can plump up your lips.
- Pigmentation treatment: As you age, you can develop several pigmentation issues, including age spots and melasma, which is discoloration in sun-exposed areas of your face. We can treat these with chemical peels, laser therapy, and HydraFacial®.
- Scar revision: Scars can be a permanent reminder of a traumatic event or an unwanted sign of former acne. Whatever the cause of your scars, we can treat them with our high-tech fractional lasers that stimulate your skin’s natural healing processes.
- Hair restoration: Hair loss is one of the most embarrassing visible signs of aging. It affects millions of men and women, and it can begin as early as your 20s. We treat our patients’ hair loss with platelet-rich-plasma, a modern method that avoids painful grafts and incisions. The process involves drawing blood, then spinning it through a centrifuge to concentrate the plasma and its growth factors. This is then injected into the balding areas of your scalp.
Schedule Your Seattle Prejuvenation Consultation Today
At the Advanced Dermatology and Laser Center of Seattle, we have treatments to meet the needs of any patient. We are committed to helping our patients maintain their youth and vigor into middle age and beyond. We serve Seattle and surrounding areas of Washington. Call (206) 402-4797 today to schedule your consultation.