- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) or photo facial, is a skin laser light treatment that delivers high-intensity pulses that penetrate the skin and heat the sub-surface layers to reduce melanin, the dark pigment, hemoglobin, and the red blood cells in blood vessels. This results in healthier, smoother skin.
- The number of IPL treatments you need will depend on the condition of your skin and your desired results. Generally, patients need a series of 3-6 treatments, 4-8 weeks apart.
- NO direct sun exposure is recommended during your IPL treatments. The documented risks are a chance of burns and blisters, some Hyper and/or Hypo pigmentation and mild swelling. These risks can ALL be avoided if the proper precautions are followed prior to treatment. These precautions will be discussed during your consultation.
- Many patients say the laser feels like a rubber band snapping against the skin. We can apply a topical numbing cream before the treatment to reduce discomfort.
- There is practically no downtime after an IPL treatment. You can return to work or your normal daily activities the same day as your treatment.
- The results of IPL are long lasting. During your consultation, our medical esthetician will discuss a proper skincare regimen. The better you take care of your skin, the longer your IPL results will last. Many patients come back after a few years for touch-up treatments to rejuvenate their skin.